homemusicmusic selection policiesMusic Selection Policies
Thank you for your interest in sharing your music ministry with Southern Gospel Online. Our mission is to lead as many people to a personal and dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ. In order to focus ministry efforts and resources on fulfilling this mission, here is our ministry's music selection policy:
- Music is chosen at the sole discretion of the Music Director and Program Director based on the ministry's mission fulfillment, audience objectives, and research interpretation.
- Music must be distributed and available for purchase in readily-accessible retail channels (bookstores, general retailers, music stores, on-line retailers) throughout the Southern Gospel Online listening area.
- Music is evaluated with the following criteria:
- Production value
- Vocal performance
- Lyrical content
- Ministry potential in keeping with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association/Blue Ridge Broadcasting statement of faith.
- Due to volume of submissions, song review and evaluation services are not available. Please visit the Gospel Music Association website for resources on song & artist development.
Music submissions are received "for consideration" of on-air play. Music may be submitted by mail to Music Director, Southern Gospel Online, PO Box 159, Black Mountain, NC 28711. Songs should be submitted in CD format. CDs submitted for review become the property of the radio station and will not be returned.